careers at the fold
Love Living Local with us!
Do you have experience in publishing, content creation and marketing, and a knowledge and passion for the Illawarra region?
We’re hiring, so have a read of the role description below and if you’re keen, please send us an email with your CV and a cover note pitching your fit to this fab role.
Publisher at The Fold Illawarra
The Fold Media is looking for someone to lead our business locally in the Illawarra region. You’ll need to be a fab people person, with a naturally engaging personality. You will love being the face of The Fold locally. You’re highly organised and able to manage your time and schedule autonomously, along with coordinating what you need from the wider team to deliver outcomes each day. You’re driven to grow your area and deliver amazing results for both your clients and The Fold’s audience.
The right candidate will have a mix of knowledge and experience in publishing, content creation, digital marketing and client services. You’ll thrive on developing and maintaining customer relationships and will want to spend your days exploring the right ways to promote the area, the things to do and the amazing local businesses.
The role is part-time, approximately 2-3 days a week initially, with the role increasing in hours as we continue to grow.
Flexible working hours available. We GET that life is busy and are committed to helping all our team balance work, family, life and fun!
If this sounds perfect for you, and you’re keen to join an energetic team and growing business, then keep on reading!
THE NUTS AND BOLTS;
The objectives and responsibility of your role are covered by four key areas below. Not all areas will be required in the initial 2-3 days per week role, but will be required as the role continues to grow.
- Take ownership of our local client relationships, deliver on their content schedule and meet their campaign objectives.
- Retain and grow existing client accounts, nurture positive relationships and offer continuous education about The Fold’s service offering and products.
- Own the Illawarra content schedule (coordinate a mix of The Fold content and client content, including articles, social media, video, email newsletters, online media).
- Coordinate, create and send the weekly newsletter.
- Support the content team by creating social media posts when required (copywriting, image selection and scheduling).
- Take photos and capture short videos to use as part of The Fold’s content mix, including creating and publishing ad hoc Instagram & Facebook stories to promote your clients and the area, cultivating audience reach and engagement.
Audience Growth & Engagement
- Monitor and engage on our social media channels, ensuring The Fold is always responsive and true to our brand.
- Love the metrics. The beauty of digital is we can see what’s happening every day, what content is performing, what needs a boost, what’s working, and what’s not. You monitor the numbers closely and you’re keen to learn from how things perform and continuously look at ways to drive growth and increased reach.
Business Development & Networking
- Support new business development activity through understanding your region and what will work for different clients and industries.
- Be the face of The Fold, networking within the business community and seeking out new client opportunities as part of your day-to-day actions.
- Work with new prospective clients by explaining The Fold’s purpose and offering to them, and nurture sales opportunities.
- Represent The Fold at industry events (sometimes out of hours).
THE LAUNDRY LIST OF MUST HAVE’S;
- You understand digital publishing, tone of voice and brand.
- You’re experienced in client relationship management (possibly an ex. agency exec).
- You’re savvy in digital content and marketing and able to consult with clients on our products and what will work for them.
- You love the Illawarra. You know what’s what and where’s where. You have good community relationships and are keen to build on them.
- You have a keen interest in social media, digital marketing, integrated communications and content publishing / media.
- You know what you don’t know, are happy to ask questions and seek answers and have a commitment to lifelong learning.
- You’re hungry to grow your role and the business.
- You have the ability to take great photos (and a willingness and interest to improve and learn).
Please send us an email pitching your fit to this fab role, and attach your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE FOLD MEDIA
The Fold Media’s purpose is to foster vibrant communities and business growth in regional Australia. We do this by developing authentic, fun and useful content, supported by beautiful photography, inspiring video and best-practice digital publishing.
Through our brands we bring the culture, businesses and personalities of regional Australia to life, helping residents and visitors uncover the amazing things that happen daily throughout our fabulous country.
This is a growth role within our team, allowing our Founder & CEO to drive the launch of new products and additional publications in new regions. You will be highly supported in the role by our CEO (and the rest of our awesome team)
So, if you enjoy cultivating relationships and business, and can bring a unique skill set and different point of view to what we do each day, and want to be part of a fun, growing digital publisher…..oh, and create an incredible career in the Illawarra, we want to hear from you!
JOIN OUR SOCIALS
DON'T MISS OUT
Get all the good stuff, straight into your inbox. Subscribe to our weekly email.
WHAT'S ON THIS MONTH
DON'T MISS OUT
Don't miss a thing!
Signing up to this list may just be the best decision you’ve ever made.
We’ll send you an email each week with what’s on around Illawarra. New local businesses to support. Things to do. Places to see. All the good stuff to get you out and about, livin’ the good life.